PHILLO CHEESE CAKE PURSES
- 15 oz. low fat riccotta cheese, drained to dry, or squeezed in cheese cloth.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. vannilla
- 2 to 3 Tbl. good qualitiy honey
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom, or other sweet spice
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1/3 cup toasted , coarsely chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup dried fruit, chopped into pinky fingernail sized bits
- phillo sheets, about 12-15
- aereosol butter spray
Soak dried fruit in wine for 2 hours to over night. Mix together riccotta, egg, vanilla, honey, spice, and salt. Unwrap phillo, and cover with a moist kitchen towel to prevent them drying out. Lay out first phillo sheet, and spray lightly with butter spray. lay on next layer and repeat to 3 layers. Work quickly and carefully. cut into 4 squares. Drain wine from fruit. Place one heaping tablespoon of cheese mixture onto center of each phillo square.
Put about 1/2 to 1 tsp. each of fruit and nuts on top of cheese mix. Pick up a square and place in palm of hand, and gently bring the edges of the phillo together into a pouch shape. Place onto a greased baking sheet. Repeat untill cheese mix is gone. Bake at 350 for approx. 25 minutes, until phillo is golden brown. Optional… you can use chocolate chips instead of the fruit and/or nuts. About 3-4 chips per purse.
Calories for each purse are about 80