CURRIED HALIBUT THAI STYLE
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons “spice islands thai seasoning”, or equivalent
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed or
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger, grated or
- 2 tablespoons gilroy farms stir fry seasoning (bottled garlic & ginger)
- 1 tablespoon or more fresh lime juice
- 2 to 4 4 to 6 oz. halibut fillets
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- chopped fresh cilantro and green onion to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine 1st 5 ingredients. Put fish and coconut mix into a ziplock style bag seal, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Mix clam juice with arrowroot and sugar. Set aside.
Pour fish marinade into a large skillet and heat to a simmer. Salt and pepper fish to taste, and add to pan. Cover and simmer for about 4 minutes, until the fish just starts to flake, and looks almost opaque. Be careful not to overcook! Transfer fish to a plate. Whisk in clam arrowroot mixture, and simmer until thickened. Add any juice that settled on the plate with the fish to the curry sauce. Add basil, green onion, and cilantro to sauce, and pour over the fish.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate and enjoy cold the next day.
4 oz. with 1/4 cup sauce: about 200 calories